Thursday, May 21, 2009

Horas!...This is Medan...

The skyline of Medan, IndonesiaImage via WikipediaMedan. This is known as the third big city in Indonesia. “Is it hot and crowded like Jakarta and Surabaya ?” I always thought about it before I came to Medan. And for the first time I came, I was impressed as I saw along the way between Airport,Polonia, till the outside of Medan. Unlike Jakarta or Surabaya, the air feels different, big trees give fresh breeze as we through some busy streets. Hmmmm!….

As a big city Medan completely describe all assimilation process of diverse cultural. Here the Javanese, Chinese, Malay, and even Tamil from India, adjacent life harmonious with Batak, the indigenous. It is not surprising to hear Batak people and Javanese can speak Hokian language clearly, and India are not separated from common ones, maybe you will find they trade their traditional food, bread cane.

But wheres is traditional houses ? I mean Rumah Batak. Ugghhh…..This town is also constantly influenced by metropolitan city ....Medan looks like the other cities in Java too. Such as Jakarta, Surabaya, or Bandung, mall, shops, and office buildings are rapidly growing built as reflecting a metropolis. It’s difficult to find the traditional building in Batak style along downtown streets. You'd be disappointed. They are just found in countryside. Don't wory…this site features some unique and beautiful shrine buildings for you coming there….. :-D

Heyyyy….look at the transportations! Be careful when you are crossing the street. The drivers make competition each other to grab the passengers... Horas!....This is Medan, Man!






Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

 
Design byFree WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | fantastic sams coupons